easy poppy seed roll recipe

I love poppy seed rolls. If you made it yourself, did you use a meat grinder or coffee grinder? 8 oz sweetened condensed milk (from a 14 oz can) Hi Azemina, One of our readers wrote a great review using unbleached all-purpose flour. Hi Jessica, my old oven was the same way and I either let it rise at room temperature (which takes longer, but it’s safer) heat the oven then turn it off and prop it open with a wooden spoon. I think that would work but make sure to use a thick jam and not a loose one. I was wondering, would I just combine all dough ingredients together if I were to use a bread maker to prep the dough for the rolls? Tough decision Sorry I can’t be more helpful! I have seriously made these 3 times in the past week, 3 times? I remember my grandma making with walnuts. You don’t want the dough to get too hot or it starts cooking and deactivates the yeast. Aigul, thanks for the great review, I’m glad you loved it and you are welcome :). Put dough onto a clean, dry, non-stick surface (a sheet of parchment paper works well). Pinch seams to make edges secure. This is on my to do list. Crushing is better then cutting. It turned out great! Should last up to a week. When cooked do you recommend wrapping in foil and storing at room temperature Or Do you need to wrap in plastic wrap keep in fridge to keep fresh? I haven’t had that happen before. A coffee grinder works well too, but you have to grind it in small batches so you don’t break the coffee grinder if you overfill it. He is a native of you Ukraine and my wonderful mother in passed away last year. . Still turned out fine (just a side note).Thanks again for this recipe! Some Super Walmart stores sell it in their international section. What’s the reason for grinding the poppy seeds? Or none of those fillings would work with this recipe?! That’s a great tip about the coffee grinder. I have made more than 3 or your recipes my husband was like amazing all I had to say was “it’s a special girl called Natasha that shares amazing recipes to people around the world” , I have one question about your cooking for this poppy seed Roulette. Дрожжи отдельно замочить и когда тесто немного остынет, но ещё гарячовато влить взбитые яйца размешать добавить 1 кап муки и вылить дрожжи. Make a well in the center and add the egg yolks (save the whites! , QA products is the brand. YUMMY! Thanks for sharing your great review Dora! Long story short – never again will I use canned poppy seeds. It’s delicious and so convenient. Poppy seeds in the can already come sweetened, so no need to add condensed milk or any other sweeteners…, Hi Natasha, I think it could work well, I just haven’t tested it. Thanks Olga. Oh man that is sad Do you have a meat grinder? 5. FREE BONUS: 5 Secrets to Be a Better Cook! I’m glad you like the recipe and you are welcome. can i cut the recipe in half? Thanks for the tip!! Mix 8 ounces of sweetened condensed milk into ground poppy seeds. I used the store bought filling, it wasn’t runny. It turned out amazing. They go fast! That should be parchment paper. I placed two rolls on a sheet, opposite of what you have on your picture. The tops/sides were fine but the bottom a little too dark….. and i had to rip off the wAX paper piece by piece. What is the wax paper for? My dough is rising so fast my kitchen aid bowl is too small for it already and it’s been only 1 hour. Thanks for sharing Ann! Was it basically the same kind of roll with a different filling? I use it all the time, I think it tastes batter than homemade one. I’ve always been intimidated by this classic roulade, but I’ve come to find it’s not as complicated as I thought it would be. I’m so excited about these ruletiki I made similar one in bread maker but the filling was with honey and tasted dry. Add 3 cups water to the pot. made this and my mother was impressed… but i did roll out the dough a bit too thin so they ended up being a lil dense, not as fluffy. So delicious! Hi Kathy, yes that is ok to see some clumps of yeast and will be fine as long as it did poof up after an hour like in the photo. Vitamin D milk will work just fine. I’m planning on kneading by hand and just wondering what you might choose to do differently when doing so. Where do you get your Canadian flour? hugs from your newest fan. I put poppy seeds on a top before baking, like vatrushki with tworog , we made them in Ukraine (do you know what i meant?). The best tasting ones are at Whole foods but these were from a bin in Winco. I use a coffee grinder). 1/2 tsp sour cream. The first time 4 ruleti were gone in 2 days ( and there are only 4 of us)!!!! Heat 1 1/3 cups milk in the microwave until it's luke-warm. Thank you Natasha. Oh I’m so glad everything worked out. . Finished dough will be soft. Cool on wire racks and slice into 1/2" slices. Is it possible that the yeast was not fresh? Where do you buy it? So your rouletti came in handy today. That’s great to know about the sweetness of the store bought poppy seeds and I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe! This is one of my most favorite desserts but while im living with my parents i’ll just let my mom make this;). I have updated the ingredients list. See the picture below; he couldn’t wait long enough for me to take a picture of all 4). I used the canned poppyseeds and it was only enough for 3 of the ruletiki , and I only had one so I ended up making some cream cheese spread and topping it with raspberry prerves as suggested on Olgas Flavor Factory for one of her roulettes. Alinachka . Took less than a minute to do them. It looks like this type of mixture might work. We make this recipe often and it turns out great every time! It still works with regular all-purpose, it just requires a little more flour. You can make a double batch of poppyseeds and freeze or refrigerate the other half for something else , Your most most welcome you so should write a cookbook I would buy more than one and give them as gifts too newly married couples because your site is a lifesaver your site saves me from embarrassment last week I cooked heaps and my husband was so impressed It is called “vital wheat gluten”. Thank you! And I have an amazing mum who is like amazing at cooking. It should not stick to your rolling pin. I’ve made the piroshki dough from your site and it worked fine, was wondering if I could use bread machine for this one as well. . Add 1 tbsp yeast, 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 cup flour. My dough is becoming flaky now! Yeah, I wouldn’t trust the canned poppyseed filling. pitted prunes, 1 T lemon juice, 2 T brown sugar, 1 T flour. That’s awesome! Let me know how it turns out! It’s ok if it pushes up against the plastic wrap. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. Thanks for the recipe…..I had lost my Mom’s recipe and I love this Poppy seed roll……….so now I just buy it at a Ukrainian Bakery. Any thoughts/suggestions? Happy New year Natasha to you and your Family…. I used the 2 cans of poppy seed filling for 4 roulettes from Winco. If that is the case, you don’t have to add or do anything to it. Hi Anastassia, our rolling pin is in storage and I honestly cannot remember the brand. Cover with lid and let it sit for 30 minutes. I need to dig her many recipe boxes out of storage and go through them. Everyone loved it. In our family we just call it Roulette with poppy seeds. What can I use to substitute if possible? I don’t have any experience using ninja food processor. Dough should rise about 1.5 times in volume. Тесто должно быть тёплым и добавить остальную муку + 1-2 ложки оливкового масла. Thank you Irina for your thoughtful comment . I’m really excited to try this recipe. If doing it by hand, I’d follow the same process. Ugh. Hi Natasha, Stir dough lightly. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/09\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/09\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e2\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e2\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/af\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/af\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/79\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/79\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-5.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-6.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/be\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/be\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-7.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5e\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5e\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-8.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6a\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Intro.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Intro.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6a\/Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Intro.jpg\/aid93656-v4-728px-Make-Beigli-%28Hungarian-Poppy-Seed-%26-Walnut-Rolls%29-Intro.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"485","licensing":"

No Comments Yet.

leave a comment