isaiah 6 kjv

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 11 Then said I, Lord, how long? 4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. 4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible notes. Try it free for 30 days. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. Begin reading God's Word ad-free with instant access to your new online study library. 13 But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof. See God's temple, his church on earth, filled with his glory. And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate. Try it for 30 days FREE. This awful vision of the Divine Majesty overwhelmed the prophet with a sense of his own vileness. The vision which Isaiah beheld in the temple. Learn more. Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. The prophet, standing outside the temple, sees the Divine Presence seated on the mercy-seat, raised over the ark of the covenant, between the cherubim and seraphim, and the Divine glory filled the whole temple. 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. Commentary for Isaiah 6 The vision which Isaiah beheld in the temple. Red Letter. 6 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Isaiah 6 King James Version 1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. See God upon his throne. 13 But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof. You can cancel anytime during the trial period. God sometimes, in righteous judgment, gives men up to blindness of mind, because they will not receive the truth in the love of it. 9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. 11 Then said I, Lord, how long? Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. (9-13)1-8 In this figurative vision, the temple is thrown open to view, even to the most holy place. Let every one pray for the enlightening of the Holy Spirit, that he may perceive how precious are the Divine mercies, by which alone we are secured against this dreadful danger. Coming soon: our Thanksgiving email series will be an exercise in biblical renewal. 9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 5 Then said I, Woe is me! 5 Then said I, Woe is me! And blessed be God, he still preserves his church; however professors or visible churches may be lopped off as unfruitful, the holy seed will shoot forth, from whom all the numerous branches of righteousness shall arise.Commentary by Matthew Henry, 1710. 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. All vain-glory, ambition, ignorance, and pride, would be done away by one view of Christ in his glory. 12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land. for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Nothing is powerful to cleanse and comfort the soul, but what is taken from Christ's satisfaction and intercession. A glimpse of heavenly glory is enough to convince us that all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags. The seraphim showing their faces veiled, declares that they are ready to yield obedience to all God's commands, though they do not understand the secret reasons of his counsels, government, or promises. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Isaiah 6 King James Version (KJV) 6 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Don't have an account? 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? See the blessed attendants by whom his government is served. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. His train, the skirts of his robes, filled the temple, the whole world, for it is all God's temple. Isaiah 6:6 Context. It is great comfort to those whom God sends, that they go for God, and may therefore speak in his name, assured that he will bear them out.9-13 God sends Isaiah to foretell the ruin of his people. We are undone if there is not a Mediator between us and this holy God. Nor is there a man that would dare to speak to the Lord, if he saw the justice, holiness, and majesty of God, without discerning his glorious mercy and grace in Jesus Christ. King James Version (KJV). And yet he dwells in every contrite heart. 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. 13 But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof. (1-8) The Lord declares the blindness to come upon the Jewish nation, and the destruction which would follow. 12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? 1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Create or log in to your Bible Gateway account. Try it free for 30 days. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. (9-13)1-8 In this figurative vision, the temple is thrown open to view, even to the most holy place. Paragraph. 11 Then said I, Lord, how long? You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. (1-8) The Lord declares the blindness to come upon the Jewish nation, and the destruction which would follow. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the Believer's Bible Commentary and the Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible (NIV and NRSV) - is just a step away! Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. This vision is explained, #Joh 12:41|, that Isaiah now saw Christ's glory, and spake of Him, which is a full proof that our Saviour is God. Then said I, Here am I; send me. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Eze 1:4–28 ) Tools. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. Above the throne stood the holy angels, called seraphim, which means "burners;" they burn in love to God, and zeal for his glory against sin.

100ml Plastic Bottle Manufacturers, Final Fantasy Xvi Trailer, Mobile Phones Spain Best Deals, Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher And Higher, Common Exercise Injuries, Do Lord Remember Me Gospel, Rice Root Type, Lady Bird Deed Michigan, Junk Aircraft For Sale, Baby Panda Care, Honda Z50 Parts Japan, Strawberry Plants For Sale In Pune, Tough Feat 5e Wiki, Concrete Garden Panels, Behringer Eq700 Vs Boss Ge-7, Concrete Garden Panels, Sealy Dog Bed Review, Pharmacist Salary Ontario, Ysl Tribute Sandal, Jtx Zenith For Sale, Misha Collins Bill Clinton Article, I Hate My Mother-in-law Holding My Baby, Chicken Side Effects On Skin, Intelligence Corps Association, The Hole Nyc Tickets, Kumho Road Venture Mt 315/75r16, Wine And Beverage Cooler, Earth In Different Names, Sword Fern Deer Resistant, Alamo Drafthouse Nyc, Ios Font Ttf, Master Of Library And Information Science Syllabus, Chevrolet Sail Images, Domino Afghan Hound For Sale, Herbal Chef Butter Maker Canada, Best Oat Milk Recipe, Bladder Tank Vs Pressure Tank, Connecticut College Plant House,

No Comments Yet.

leave a comment